Monday, May 17, 2010

IN SEARCH OF VAN HUNT........ come back to me daddy...

So last night I went to see the movie "Just Wright" with myself... And I absolutely adored the movie, I related to Queen.... and Common gave me every bit of eye candy that I needed. However I found a pleasent surprise within the audio......There were VAN HUNT SONGS FEATURED IN THE MOVIE... That did it for me.... I woke up this morning... In search of Van Hunt.....

I bought his first album based on a cut I heard on the radio.....



I just couldn't get enough of this cd.... it gave me everything, his soulful music was sultry and the songs were complex stories about complex people...He is so talented that it scared me... I was addicted.

Then came Katrina in 2005, my post Katrina life lead me to Atlanta... Between snapping my fingers and telling people you can find me in the "A" and meet me at the Trap, and I like my beat down low.... Van Hunt dropped!!! I heard no radio song however I am "Miss New Ish" so I found the music and adored him even more. It was called On the Jungle Floor it was almost as if i was having a romance with him....(don't laugh I'm serious)
I swear he was talking about me on this one....


Then I got to see him live with my bestie from DC and My Sister from Jersey!! He did this song live.... (this footage is from SOBs in New york)
Then I heard this song on Myspace...... "The Lowest 1 of my Desires"
And I thought I can't wait until the next cd comes out....
I didn't get it for some reason....because the album was shelved and the label Capitol Blue Note Records wouldn't release his masters... Van said he was devestated...
Sources say that he will drop 1 more album... I need him.

here' that infamous song I speak of live at BBKing's in NY

Ok this is off of his website: rare collectibles...









No comments:

Post a Comment